Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Login, Check Messages
Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BF3-v2 Theme for Evolution Xtreme Released New News! Wicked 17 Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 am
FinalTouch68 View latest post
[THIS SITE] Speed improvements New News! SgtLegend 18 Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:43 pm
Gustine View latest post
Recent site downtime New News! SgtLegend 2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:34 am
megaboost View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
SgtLegend View latest post
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Gaming Rigs Module Demo Community Announcements killigan 19 Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:39 pm
Teo View latest post
HTML Purifier Update [SECURITY PATCH] Security killigan 31 Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm
Brendan View latest post
[SECURITY] Nuke Guard Security SgtLegend 2 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 am
[FIX] User registration Quick fixes SgtLegend 76 Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 am
Necro View latest post
Donations Xtreme v1.2 (beta) Modules travo 109 Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am
megaboost View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 106 Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:05 am
pest View latest post
New Gaming Rigs Module Community Announcements Lonestar 16 Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm
Lonestar View latest post
DFG Hosting - My Review General Chat TimBitz 26 Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:19 pm
denellum View latest post
Downloads Module Modules killigan 11 Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:02 am
28thCDM View latest post
[POLL][FEATURE] URL rewrites for 2.0.9e Comments and Suggestions SgtLegend 7 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 am
Ruphus View latest post
Milpacs Module Modules INFHawkeye 4 Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:39 am
INFHawkeye View latest post
NukeSentinel - Display Blocked IP's Security flashwebb 2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:37 am
flashwebb View latest post
phpBB : Critical Error General Support flashwebb 0 Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:27 am
Problem with missing tables General Support flashwebb 1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:26 am
Right block just get missing - SOLVE General Support flashwebb 0 Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:17 am

[THIS SITE] Speed improvements
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> New News!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 am Post subject: No icon [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Hey  guys  and  girls,

Last  night  i  switched  a  few  of  the  resources  on  this  site  over  to  a  CDN  i  control  in  hope  to  achieve  the  fastest  speed  possible  for  the  Xtreme  home  base,  basically  the  way  it  works  is  it  caches  the  files  on  a  remote  cloud  server  which  then  stores  the  files  on  multiple  servers  around  the  globe  allowing  a  user  to  receive  the  file  from  the  closet  server  possible  rather  then  a  server  on  the  other  side  of  the  globe.

I  myself  have  already  noticed  great  improvements  for  the  load  time  and  because  of  this  i  am  planning  on  writing  a  new  core  feature  that  will  allow  CDN  support  using  any  company  of  your  choice.  Personally  if  your  short  of  cash  or  just  need  somewhere  cheap  to  try  MaxCDN  is  a  good  place  to  start  as  that  is  what  i  am  currently  using.

At  the  moment  2  other  websites  including  my  own  and  travo's  are  using  the  CDN  and  are  having  perfect  success  with  it,  so  stay  tuned  as  i  believe  this  feature  will  improve  the  outlook  of  the  CMS  and  the  types  of  load  times  it  can  achieve  when  under  the  control  of  a  cached  cloud  resource.

If  you  are  having  any  issues  please  let  me  know  but  i  have  discovered  non  thus  far.

Cheers,
 Chris  (SgtLegend)
nextgen

usa.png

Web Control Panel: Cpanel
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Huge  improvement  Sgt.  SVN  works  great  as  well  by  the  way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 1681980102 MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/halsteadclan
travo
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 2
australia.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

By  SVN  do  you  mean  git?  Also  just  out  of  curiosity  on  github  do  you  have  the  ability  to  edit  the  wiki  or  is  it  only  collaborators?

Just  to  back  Chris  up,  if  you're  looking  to  speed  up  your  site,  try  a  CDN.  We  use  MaxCDN  and  its  great,  but  there  are  also  many  others.  Especially  for  users  like  us,  out  in  Australia,  you  definitely  see  a  difference  when  the  images  and  scripts  come  from  a  server  nearby.

Chris  what  edits  did  you  actually  have  to  make?  Was  it  all  theme  edits?
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
nextgen

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:27 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

I  think  you  need  an  account  to  edit  the  wiki  but  not  sure  if  it  is  an  invite  to  join  or  just  a  simple  registration  to  be  able  to  edit  etc.

I  have  looked  into  CDN's  before  and  wow  it  does  make  a  difference.  I  was  using  a  server  side  cache  manager  but  never  made  this  big  a  difference.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 1681980102 MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/halsteadclan
nextgen

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Yup  after  registering  you  can  add,  edit  and  commit  with  a  free  account.
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

australia.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

travo  wrote  (View  Post):                
Chris  what  edits  did  you  actually  have  to  make?  Was  it  all  theme  edits?                

Currently  on  the  <head>  resources  have  been  changed  just  for  a  quick  test,  later  during  the  week  I'll  continue  working  through  it  to  update  all  references.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

australia.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:34 am Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Hi  all,

Due  to  a  DNS  routing  issue  I've  had  to  take  the  CDN  offline  for  this  website,  I'm  hoping  to  get  it  back  online  soon  but  I  first  have  to  wait  for  the  server  DNS  cache  to  clear  before  i  can  do  so  which  I'm  hoping  won't  take  too  long.

Sorry  if  the  site  slows  down  a  bit  and  please  let  me  know  if  you  have  any  issues.

Cheers,
 Chris
Thomas

votes: 6
uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

I  am  now  able  to  connect  and  view  pages  correctly  without  any  load  lag  time.

Thanks  for  the  assist  SgtLegend.
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:59 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

The  speed  issues  from  my  understanding  are  dns  issue  with  CDN.  The  good  news  is  that  in  the  near  future  we  will  have  our  own  CDN  on  our  own  network  and  won't  need  to  worry  about  3rd  party  content  delivery  networks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:35 am Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Great  news!
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

australia.png

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:53 am Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Could  anyone  please  test  http://cdn.evolution-xtreme.com  and  let  me  know  if  it  works,  I've  reset  the  DNS  for  it  and  flushed  the  cache  so  hopefully  it  runs  a  smoother  now.
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:55 am Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Tested,  nothing  happens,  just  says  "waiting  for  cdn.evolution-xtreme.com..."
Sponsor
Web Hosting
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

australia.png

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 am Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Can  you  please  try  again.
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:11 am Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Nope,  still  nothing...
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:14 am Post subject: No icon Re: [THIS SITE] Speed improvements Reply with quote

Waiting  it  out  I  get  this:

Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  New News! All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: