Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Login, Check Messages
Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BF3-v2 Theme for Evolution Xtreme Released New News! Wicked 17 Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 am
FinalTouch68 View latest post
[THIS SITE] Speed improvements New News! SgtLegend 18 Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:43 pm
Gustine View latest post
Recent site downtime New News! SgtLegend 2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:34 am
megaboost View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
SgtLegend View latest post
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Gaming Rigs Module Demo Community Announcements killigan 19 Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:39 pm
Teo View latest post
HTML Purifier Update [SECURITY PATCH] Security killigan 31 Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm
Brendan View latest post
[SECURITY] Nuke Guard Security SgtLegend 2 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 am
[FIX] User registration Quick fixes SgtLegend 76 Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 am
Necro View latest post
Donations Xtreme v1.2 (beta) Modules travo 109 Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am
megaboost View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 106 Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:05 am
pest View latest post
New Gaming Rigs Module Community Announcements Lonestar 16 Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm
Lonestar View latest post
DFG Hosting - My Review General Chat TimBitz 26 Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:19 pm
denellum View latest post
Downloads Module Modules killigan 11 Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:02 am
28thCDM View latest post
[POLL][FEATURE] URL rewrites for 2.0.9e Comments and Suggestions SgtLegend 7 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 am
Ruphus View latest post
Members Application Module - poll mod? General Chat coRpSE 11 Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:38 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Folks are unable to register at our site General Support Athlon 31 Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:55 pm
coRpSE View latest post
email error , General Support nuttynuttz 2 Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:16 am
nuttynuttz View latest post
NukeSentinel - Display Blocked IP's Security flashwebb 4 Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 pm
flashwebb View latest post
Milpacs Module Modules INFHawkeye 7 Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 pm
coRpSE View latest post

phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it?
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bort

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:41 pm Post subject: No icon phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

Does  a  script  exist  that  would  take  a  site  that  is  only  a  phpbb3  forum  to  Evo-X  or  any  other  nuke  CMS?  I  believe  you  guys  have  had  them  before  but  I  can't  find  them  now.

Killigan  and  some  others  might  be  familiar  with  why  I'm  asking.  The  ~Oc~  site's  CMS  was  destroyed  a  few  years  ago  by  attempts  to  install  an  RSS  feed  reader  module.  None  of  us  (I  believe  I  even  asked  you  about  it,  Killigan)  have  been  able  to  repair  it  and  bring  our  CMS  back  so  we've  just  been  running  a  phpbb3  forum.  We  tried  everything  to  repair  it.  Even  complete  backups  and  a  re-install  of  Loki's  Genesis  version  didn't  bring  the  site  back  to  normal.  We'd  like  to  have  a  CMS  again  but  don't  want  to  lose  new  posts  and  also  don't  want  to  use  the  backup  of  the  destroyed  db.  

Is  there  a  way  to  port  the  phpbb3  forums  in  to  a  CMS?  I've  found  the  php-nuke  to  phpbb3  script.  It  seems  to  work  the  opposite  way  of  what  we're  looking  for.  We  want  bb3  to  nuke  *.
 We  aren't  particular  as  to  what  version  of  nuke  the  CMS  is.  Whatever  it  is  Loki,  Webb,  and  I  will  tweak  it  so  we  have  a  unique  and  super  secure  version  again.

Loki  is  burned  out.  I  haven't  been  keeping  up  to  date  so  I'm  assuming  things  have  changed  since  3  years  ago  when  I  was  fairly  fluent.  Webb  is  MIA  busy  with  family  and  stuff.  

Asking  before  doing.
Thankful People
1 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

Currently  no  and  the  reason  why  is  because  the  passwords  are  encrypted  a  lot  different  between  phpBB2  and  phpBB3,  because  of  this  difference  no  one  has  been  able  to  build  a  convertor  that  allows  for  user  passwords  resets  upon  login  so  for  now  your  out  of  luck.
Bort

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:18 am Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

So...nothing  will  port  from  phpbb3  to  a  nuke  CMS  anymore?
 I  have  absolutely  no  options?  We're  just  S.O.L.?

What  if  I  would  use  an  old  php-nuke  platinum  76b4  database  backup  and  port  it  to  bb2,  then  upgrade?
 Starting  over  with  12  years  of  history  and  something  like  4500  users  or  members  isn't  an  option.

Is  there  a  way  to  go  backwards  to  phpbb2  and  then  upgrade  to  xtreme?
 Nothing?  Damn.  

:(
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 6
usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:28 am Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

A  script  could  be  written  but  it  would  take  a  lot  of  time  to  do.  Even  doing  that,  you  will  have  to  force  all  users  to  request  a  new  password.

Your  best  bet  would  be  to  use  your  Platinum  database  and  port  it.  You  will  loose  some  posts  and  users  but  not  10  years  worth.  There  are  platinum  upgrade  scripts  but  since  loki  always  had  different  things  install  than  what  was  released  it  may  need  to  be  modified.  If  you  choose  this  route,  I  don't  mind  helping.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
Bort

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:43 am Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

That  would  be  much  appreciated,  man!
 We've  been  without  a  CMS  for  too  long  now.  
 I'm  not  sure  what  exactly  Loki  did  to  make  our  site  unique  (Genesis).  
 I  don't  think  he  made  many  changes  to  the  database  from  the  platinum  version  I  believe  it  was  just  core  file  stuff.  

There  is  a  backup  on  the  server.  It's  old,  but  like  I  said  it's  time  the  site  is  a  cms  again.  
 Sucks  losing  any  history  but  losing  a  little  is  better  then  losing  all  of  it.  Like  someone  else  mentioned  when  we  ported  to  phpbb3  our  archived  posts  lost  the  author  information  (they  changed  to  "Anonymous").  

Link  to  the  backup  in  your  pm  inbox.  If  all  that  needs  to  be  done  is  run  a  script  I'll  be  glad  to  do  it.  It  did  run  on  the  76b5  database.  What  got  screwed  up  was  mainfile.php  and  some  includes  files.

That  RSS  feeder  murdered  everything.  You  know  I'm  good  with  backups.  After  I  installed  that  thing  even  replacing  the  changed  files  with  the  backups  didn't  return  the  site  to  normal.
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:45 am Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

I  have  asked  this  before,  there  is  no  script  that  will  do  this  out  there...  yet.

Sorry,  your  just  gonna  have  to  port  your  Platinum  database  and  use  that  like  killigan  has  suggested.   I  would  suggest  that  you  use  the  search  feature  here  as  the  thread  I  started  is  there  somewhere...
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coopvet2000
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

Web Control Panel: cPanel Version 11.26.20, WHM 11.26.20
Test: Make it so!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:39 am Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

Thomas  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  have  asked  this  before,  there  is  no  script  that  will  do  this  out  there...  yet.

Sorry,  your  just  gonna  have  to  port  your  Platinum  database  and  use  that  like  killigan  has  suggested.   I  would  suggest  that  you  use  the  search  feature  here  as  the  thread  I  started  is  there  somewhere...                

O.K.  based  on  our  conversations  and  some  other  thought  process  on  this  issue  because  of  these  to  factors  one  from  Killigan  and  one  from  SGT  Legend!  Passwords  and  forums  are  serious  or  just  alot  of  work  to  get  the  forums  moved!  but  yet  this  involves  at  least  5  tables  in  the  bbforums  alone  to  start  with,  and  if  one  table  in  not  in  order  forget  your  done!  I've  done  this  with  4  tables  in  both  nuke-evolution  and  extreme  to  a  point  and  all  the  tables  have  to  match  period!  

Just  something  we  and  all  other  CMS  are  have  a  problem  with  some  are  completely  ripping  allot  of  the  good  forum  features  out  but,  with  xtreme  we  have  some  thoughts  but  thoughts  into  reality  sometimes  is  a  life  cycle  of  the  software  issue!  The  life  cycle  of  this  type  of  software  life  cycle  is  about  5  years  based  on  Financial,  Research  &  Development  and  Engineers!  We  have  pass  that  level,  the  next  level  is  where  as  php,  mysql,  and  some  other  factors  make  it  a  sometimes  a  waiting  game  and  other  times  its  question-able!  

From  the  reading  from  SGT  Legend  then  Killigan!  

Quote:                
Currently  no  and  the  reason  why  is  because  the  passwords  are  encrypted  a  lot  different  between  phpBB2  and  phpBB3,  because  of  this  difference  no  one  has  been  able  to  build  a  convertor  that  allows  for  user  passwords  resets  upon  login  so  for  now  your  out  of  luck.

A  script  could  be  written  but  it  would  take  a  lot  of  time  to  do.  Even  doing  that,  you  will  have  to  force  all  users  to  request  a  new  password.

Your  best  bet  would  be  to  use  your  Platinum  database  and  port  it.  You  will  loose  some  posts  and  users  but  not  10  years  worth.  There  are  platinum  upgrade  scripts  but  since  loki  always  had  different  things  install  than  what  was  released  it  may  need  to  be  modified.  If  you  choose  this  route,  I  don't  mind  helping.                

Now  these  three  forum  tables  alone  would  need  allot  of  modification  base  on  our  add  on  feature's  alone!
 nuke_bbposts_text
 nuke_bbtopics
 nuke_bbposts

Groups  and  AUC  would  totaly  need  a  rewrite  to  work!  better

Honestly  I'm  more  concerned  about  the  nuke  sentinel  errors  from  the  upgrade,  For  some  reason  we  didn't  pick  that  up!  the  bottom  line  on  the  phpbb3-nuke  and  phpb2-nuke  issue  P.S.  standard  core  of  php-nuke  version  8.1!  Wouldn't  even  think  about  it!  doing  was  you  asked  for  first  of  all  its  a  bunch  of  coding  and  other  issues  related  to  the  conversion!  I  would  be  more  interested  in  recoding  so  that  other  forum(s)  or  blog  formats  could  plug  in  and  take  restructure  some  of  the  mods  etc  to  hook  into  some  other  forums....................................................  Not  today  we,  are  more  concerned  about  now  then  tomorrow  when  it  comes  to  supporting  our  clients,  the  xtreme  software  core  that  has  been  developed   

Now  if  you  would  like  to  burn  on  or  about  2000  hours  of  coding,  that  not  including  beta  testing,  hard  coding  and  documentation  so,  we  would  appreciate  it  on  that  issue  if  you  could!  Their  are  a  couple  hundred  of  sites  where  you  can  contract  out  or  get  a  quote  on  the  cost  factor(s)  issues!  

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 1367605442 MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/GWSVeteran
travo
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 2
australia.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:43 am Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

Ok,  after  talking  with  killigan  and  sgtlegend  we  agree  it  will  be  possible,  yet  time  consuming.

After  some  time,  I  have  the  beginnings  of  a  converter  working...  At  the  moment,  it  successfully  adds  users,  the  god  admin,  and  pms  (not  yet  with  attachments)  to  the  default  nuke  install.

Left  to  add  is  site  config,  forums,  posts  and  attachments.  There  will  also  be  a  mod  to  automatically  convert  phpbb  password  to  nuke  password  as  users  login.  The  rest  will  most  likely  be  to  dificult  to  get  working  properly  due  to  the  massive  amount  of  possible  configurations.  I  will  then  have  to  pretty  it  up  a  little  and  make  it  more  user  friendly.

Hopefully  I  will  be  finished  soonish,  however  dont  ask  for  a  date  or  time,  I  dont  have  one.

Cheers
coopvet2000
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

Web Control Panel: cPanel Version 11.26.20, WHM 11.26.20
Test: Make it so!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

Hey  thanks  for  the  update  I  know  you  knee  deep  in  a  bunch  of  stuff...........  Like  you  said  its  possible  but  based  on  how  phpbb3  restructured......  All  I  know  is  that  if  you  can  hook  and  pull  this  one  off  on  the  issues  or  problems  that  are  going  to  pop  up!  Who  knows  what  would  be  in  store  for  you!
 Hope  things  are  getting  better  over  on  your  side  of  the  world!

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 1367605442 MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/GWSVeteran
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
travo
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 2
australia.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 am Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

Shouldnt  be  too  bad,  what  I  have  so  far  is  returning  exactly  what  I  want  to  see,  and  as  far  as  I  have  seen,  the  hard  part  is  done...  Its  all  a  matter  of  deciding  what  is  critical  and  what  can  be  done  manually  later,  and  keeping  a  clear  head  to  put  the  values  in  the  fields  they  are  needed  in.

What  do  you  mean  geeting  better  on  my  side  of  the  world?  Whats  happening  over  here?  lol
Bort

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

travo  wrote  (View  Post):                
Ok,  after  talking  with  killigan  and  sgtlegend  we  agree  it  will  be  possible,  yet  time  consuming.

After  some  time,  I  have  the  beginnings  of  a  converter  working...  At  the  moment,  it  successfully  adds  users,  the  god  admin,  and  pms  (not  yet  with  attachments)  to  the  default  nuke  install.

Left  to  add  is  site  config,  forums,  posts  and  attachments.  There  will  also  be  a  mod  to  automatically  convert  phpbb  password  to  nuke  password  as  users  login.  The  rest  will  most  likely  be  to  dificult  to  get  working  properly  due  to  the  massive  amount  of  possible  configurations.  I  will  then  have  to  pretty  it  up  a  little  and  make  it  more  user  friendly.

Hopefully  I  will  be  finished  soonish,  however  dont  ask  for  a  date  or  time,  I  dont  have  one.

Cheers                

HOO-RAY!!!!!!  
 I  knew  one  of  you  guys  could  do  it.  Hopefully  it  leaks  out  over  to  the  phpbb3  forums  when  you  have  it  completed.  Thanks  a  google,  travo!  

If  you  would  accept  a  suggestion,  I  would  suggest  making  it  port  absolutely  everything  over  that  can  be  ported.  All  of  it  is  important  to  someone.  Even  the  dumb  little  stuff  that  most  of  us  think  is...well...dumb.  Someone  out  there  might  rely  on  it.  

Waiting  patiently  for  the  release  and  watching  this  thread.  If  there's  a  new  thread  announcing  the  release  I'd  hope  someone  at  least  links  it  here.
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

It  will  be  awhile  to  do.  The  fact  is  that  we  will  save  what  can  be  saved  and  ported,  but  there  is  a  lot  that  will  not  be  ported  such  as  settings,  permissions,  groups  and  that  sort.  Forums,  users,  pms,  posts  and  that  sort  will  be  ported.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
Sponsor
Web Hosting
Bort

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

hmm...wasn't  it  previously  possible  to  port  everything?  Is  that  how  much  phpbb  has  changed  between  2  and  3?  

Gawd  I  hate  it  when  they  do  that.
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

phpBB3  was  a  complete  rebuild  from  phpBB2  so  nothing  was  re-used,  because  of  this  the  developers  decided  to  upgrade  every  little  thing  they  could  for  security  and  such  which  made  converting  backwards  a  nightmare.
Bort

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: phpbb3 to Nuke convertor? Where's it? Reply with quote

You're  working  on  making  the  script  so  it  takes  a  phpbb3  forum  and  converts  it  to  the  Evo-Xtreme  CMS,  right?
 I  assume  these  boards  have  been  updated  and  use  phpbb3.  Considering  the  fact  that  assumptions  are  usually  wrong  though  too.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Questions All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: