Nuke Evolution Xtreme - Leading Open Source Content Management System

Taking Evolution to the Xtreme!

Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members List  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Clan Manager 1.0.2 ( Free ) New News! Lonestar 5 Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 am
DjDecibel View latest post
HeadShotDomain Back Online New News! coRpSE 8 Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 am
coRpSE View latest post
Sub Black New News! Grmm 3 Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:59 am
Lonestar View latest post
Grrrr ! Evo-File is [Holding] Again! New News! coopvet2000 7 Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 am
coopvet2000 View latest post
Note [ CLOSED ] Realm Designz is Officially CLOSED! New News! TheMortal 0 Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:54 am
TheMortal View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Warning ! Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 22 Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:13 pm
i0shi View latest post
New Evolution Xtreme site Community Announcements Lonestar 0 Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 pm
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 111 Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:04 pm
allrocknmetal View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 125 Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:54 pm
Gregsta View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
Module Stuck Modules jeremystcyr 3 Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am
coRpSE View latest post
Note [PREVIEW] XtremeV3 NEW Design Questions TheMortal 37 Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 am
allrocknmetal View latest post
error creating a section in the forums General Support fire 1 Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 pm
Work in php7? General Support fire 7 Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:58 am
TheMortal View latest post
Not letting me create members accout Bugs Gregsta 12 Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 am
Gregsta View latest post
Flash Theme Changes[FIXED-RESOLVED] General Support RAIN 9 Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:52 pm
Pulaski View latest post
MySQL 8. Bugs jxxaxxy 0 Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:14 am
jxxaxxy View latest post
would be members cannot register Bugs GI_ 5 Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:28 am
GI_ View latest post
can't change members status General Support mwjohn58 1 Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:35 am
Not letting me add download General Support Gregsta 5 Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 am
Gregsta View latest post

Not letting me add download

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregsta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:06 pm Post subject: No icon Not letting me add download Reply with quote

Every  time  I  go  to  add  a  download  its  not  their.  Any  ideas?
coRpSE
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 11
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PHP Version: 5.4.24
SQL Version: 5.5.37-35.1-log
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not letting me add download Reply with quote

Gregsta  wrote:

Can  you  be  a  bit  more  specific,  like,  what  system  are  you  using?  Downloads,  Upgraded  Downloads,  File  Repository?
 Any  errors  showing  in  the  error  log?

It  could  be  anything  to  the  file  size  and  the  allowed  upload  size  that  your  server  allows.  The  file  type  could  be  not  allowed.  It  could  be  something  on  the  site  interfering  with  the  file.  Bad  database  table,  ect...

There  are  many  different  things  it  could  be.  But  a  recommend  would  be  not  to  use  the  default  downloads  module  or  the  upgraded  downloads  system  I  did  years  ago  since  pretty  soon,  we  will  no  longer  support  those  scripts  since  they  are  removed  in  the  next  version  of  the  CMS.  The  system  we  are  switching  too  is  the  File  Repository,  which  can  be  downloaded  from  either  Lonestars  or  my  site.

https://lonestar-modules.com/modules.php?name=File_Repository&action=view&did=33
 https://www.headshotdomain.net/modules.php?name=File_Repository&action=view&did=30

Both  those  site  have  the  download  an  all  the  necessary  updates.
Gregsta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 am Post subject: No icon Re: Not letting me add download Reply with quote

Thanks  for  that  but  it's  not  letting  people  make  accounts  as  well  so  will  weight  until  new  realese,   for  some  unknown  reason  this  version  is  very  buggy.  It  worked  perfectly  for  me  in  the  past  but  seems  to  become  very  buggy.  Will  keep  checking  back  for  new  realese  and  thank  you  for  your  time.  Wink
Sponsor
Gregsta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not letting me add download Reply with quote

coRpSE  wrote:
Gregsta  wrote:

Can  you  be  a  bit  more  specific,  like,  what  system  are  you  using?  Downloads,  Upgraded  Downloads,  File  Repository?
 Any  errors  showing  in  the  error  log?

It  could  be  anything  to  the  file  size  and  the  allowed  upload  size  that  your  server  allows.  The  file  type  could  be  not  allowed.  It  could  be  something  on  the  site  interfering  with  the  file.  Bad  database  table,  ect...

There  are  many  different  things  it  could  be.  But  a  recommend  would  be  not  to  use  the  default  downloads  module  or  the  upgraded  downloads  system  I  did  years  ago  since  pretty  soon,  we  will  no  longer  support  those  scripts  since  they  are  removed  in  the  next  version  of  the  CMS.  The  system  we  are  switching  too  is  the  File  Repository,  which  can  be  downloaded  from  either  Lonestars  or  my  site.

https://lonestar-modules.com/modules.php?name=File_Repository&action=view&did=33
 https://www.headshotdomain.net/modules.php?name=File_Repository&action=view&did=30

Both  those  site  have  the  download  an  all  the  necessary  updates.

I  just  installed  the  file  repository  but  that's  not  allowing  me  to  add  downloads  and  unlike  the  built  in  one  you  can't   hyperlink  files  from  somewhere  else  on  your  Web  site.
 I  personally  like  the  built  in  one  better,  what  would  be  a  great  idea  if  you  could  up  load  files  then  hyperlink  the  file  like  you  did  the  old  one.  Then  you  don't  run  into  issue  of  upload  limits  on  the  server.  I  have  files  that  are  mostly  bigger  than  a  126mb  no  its  not  dodgy  stuff.
coRpSE
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 11
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PHP Version: 5.4.24
SQL Version: 5.5.37-35.1-log
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Not letting me add download Reply with quote

Gregsta  wrote:
I  just  installed  the  file  repository  but  that's  not  allowing  me  to  add  downloads  and  unlike  the  built  in  one  you  can't   hyperlink  files  from  somewhere  else  on  your  Web  site.
 I  personally  like  the  built  in  one  better,  what  would  be  a  great  idea  if  you  could  up  load  files  then  hyperlink  the  file  like  you  did  the  old  one.  Then  you  don't  run  into  issue  of  upload  limits  on  the  server.  I  have  files  that  are  mostly  bigger  than  a  126mb  no  its  not  dodgy  stuff.

Linking  to  off  site  is  planned  for  a  future  release  of  that  module.  We  are  just  trying  to  finish  off  2.0.9E  ATM  first.  As  for  the  "upload  limits",  there  are  2  things  you  can  do.  First,  you  can  use  FTP  to  upload  them  manually,  then  you  use  the  option  to  add  from  local,  the  second  option  is  to  up  your  upload  limit.  Doing  this  usually  requires  you  to  have  access  to  the  php.ini  file.  Most  host  don't  give  you  full  access  to  it,  but  they  do  give  you  limited  access  to  change  some  options.  That  is  usually  something  I  look  at  from  a  hosting  company  is  to  be  able  to  have  full  control  over  that.
 Now,  you  said  its  not  allowing  anything  to  be  uploaded,  is  there  an  errors  in  any  of  the  error  logs?
Gregsta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 am Post subject: No icon Re: Not letting me add download Reply with quote

coRpSE  wrote:
Gregsta  wrote:

Linking  to  off  site  is  planned  for  a  future  release  of  that  module.  We  are  just  trying  to  finish  off  2.0.9E  ATM  first.  As  for  the  "upload  limits",  there  are  2  things  you  can  do.  First,  you  can  use  FTP  to  upload  them  manually,  then  you  use  the  option  to  add  from  local,  the  second  option  is  to  up  your  upload  limit.  Doing  this  usually  requires  you  to  have  access  to  the  php.ini  file.  Most  host  don't  give  you  full  access  to  it,  but  they  do  give  you  limited  access  to  change  some  options.  That  is  usually  something  I  look  at  from  a  hosting  company  is  to  be  able  to  have  full  control  over  that.
 Now,  you  said  its  not  allowing  anything  to  be  uploaded,  is  there  an  errors  in  any  of  the  error  logs?

I  did  everything  you  suggested  before  I  came  on  here  none  of  it  worked  it  won't  let  me  upload  anything  even  small  files.  I  knew  about  php.in  file  and  edited  it  before  I  came  on  here  for  help.
 I  will  check  out  the  error  files.
Sponsor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  General Support All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: