Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
BF3-v2 Theme for Evolution Xtreme Released New News! Wicked 17 Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 am
FinalTouch68 View latest post
[THIS SITE] Speed improvements New News! SgtLegend 18 Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:43 pm
Gustine View latest post
Recent site downtime New News! SgtLegend 2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:34 am
megaboost View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Gaming Rigs Module Demo Community Announcements killigan 20 Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm
Lonestar View latest post
HTML Purifier Update [SECURITY PATCH] Security killigan 31 Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm
Brendan View latest post
[SECURITY] Nuke Guard Security SgtLegend 2 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 am
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 3 Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:11 pm
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 107 Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:33 pm
Quiet1001 View latest post
[FIX] User registration Quick fixes SgtLegend 76 Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 am
Necro View latest post
Donations Xtreme v1.2 (beta) Modules travo 109 Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am
megaboost View latest post
New Gaming Rigs Module Community Announcements Lonestar 16 Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm
DFG Hosting - My Review General Chat TimBitz 26 Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:19 pm
denellum View latest post
Downloads Module Modules killigan 11 Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:02 am
28thCDM View latest post
[POLL][FEATURE] URL rewrites for 2.0.9e Comments and Suggestions SgtLegend 7 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 am
Ruphus View latest post
Set up RSS feed Blocks Richmc 0 Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 am
Richmc View latest post
pagebreak in News and Content modules Modules Tchargal 4 Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:43 pm
5STAR View latest post
Photo Host issue Modules Richmc 5 Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:34 am
Richmc View latest post
Parse error help please General Support OneTop 4 Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:47 pm
OneTop View latest post

new install, site not working properly

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tjerp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:31 am Post subject: No icon new install, site not working properly Reply with quote

Hi  there,

I  just  downloaded  ChrisUpjohn-Nuke-Evolution-Xtreme-v2.0.9d-2-g5308b44.zip  and  watched  the  video  on  how  to  install.

Uploaded  the  files,  made  database,  ran  install.php  and  it  went  exactly  like  in  the  video...  untill  I  went  to  the  site  index.  (installed  with  mysql  setting)

I  got  on  a  white  page  with  no  blocks  and  all  links  and  text  was  on  the  left  side.
 I  deleted  the  install  files,  made  a  super  user  and  went  to  the  admin  page  where  I  found  the  same  thing.  White  background  and  all  links  and  text  on  the  left.

So  I  deleted  the  database,  uploaded  the  install  files  again,  made  a  new  database  and  tried  again.
 Went  to  install.php,  everything  went  fine.  (installed  with  mysqli  now)

Then  I  went  to  the  index  and  found  the  blocks  and  links  and  text  on  their  normal  places,  but  still  a  white  background.  And  in  the  middle  I  see  the  forum  ?block?  on  the  top  with  a  grey  background  (like  the  color  of  the  home,forums,videos,etc.  links  background  on  top  of  this  site)  and  a  security  message  at  the  bottom  with  text  saying:  "You  have  been  warned!  We  have  caught  0  shameful  hackers."

When  I  make  a  superuser  and  go  to  the  admin  page,  it  shows  a  white  page  background  again  and  in  the  middle  the  textwindows  have  a  grey  background.

I  don't  have  much  knowlegde  of  php  and  I  tried  everything  I  know  but  I  can't  get  it  to  show  the  theme  properly.  (I  do  have  some  experience  with  php  nuke  so  I  kind  of  know  what  I  am  looking  for)
 I  viewed  different  themes  but  they  didn't  show  right  either.
 When  I  try  to  edit  a  module,  it  does  nothing.
 At  last  I  tried  to  go  to  the  forum  admin,  I  thought  I'd  try  to  post  something  to  see  if  that  works,  but  when  I  click  the  "go  to  administration"  link  I  get  this  message:  
 Forbidden

You  don't  have  permission  to  access  /modules/Forums/admin/index.php  on  this  server.

Additionally,  a  404  Not  Found  error  was  encountered  while  trying  to  use  an  ErrorDocument  to  handle  the  request.
 Apache/2.2.16  (Unix)  mod_ssl/2.2.16  OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5  FrontPage/5.0.2.2635  mod_bwlimited/1.4  mod_auth_passthrough/2.1  mod_wsgi/3.3  Python/2.7.1  Server  at  ...heliohost.org

I  am  logged  in  on  the  site  correctly  though.

Does  anyone  know  how  I  can  fix  this  all?
pest

votes: 1
usa.png

Web Control Panel: Ampps 2.0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 pm Post subject: No icon Re: new install, site not working properly Reply with quote

what  version  of  php  you  running  if  its  5.3.6  try  running  5.3.5  .  possibly  try  reuploading  evo  files  possibly  one  is  corrupt  check  you  ftp  client  to  see  if  its  set  to  binary
 and  check  you  cookie  settings  to  see  if  they  are  correct  .try  rename  your  .htaccess  possibly  something  in  there  is  halting  your  site.just  a  few  thoughts
Tjerp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 am Post subject: No icon Re: new install, site not working properly Reply with quote

ok  it's  fixed  now,  thanks  for  the  reply!

php  version  5.3.1  is  running  :o

I  rezipped  the  files  and  reuploaded  them  and  did  it  exactly  as  in  the  video  but  still  it  did  not  work...  but  then  I  noticed  the  filesize  of  the  zip  and  it  was  very  low,  so  I  checked  that  and  there  were  a  whole  lot  of  files  missing  in  the  zip  I  made  Sad  (and  also  on  the  server)

Tried  to  get  all  files  in  there  but  somehow  it  did  not  work,  so  I  have  uploaded  the  site  file  by  file  with  ws  ftp  pro  now  (took  me  a  couple  of  hours  Laughing  )  and  it  works  perfectly  now  :)

I  noticed  this  topic  was  relocated  from  bugs  to  general  support...  I  appologise  for  posting  in  the  wrong  section!  The  topic  could  be  deleted  now  if  needed  :)

Greetings,  and  thanks  again!
Sponsor
Web Hosting
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  General Support All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: