Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Login, Check Messages
Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
BF3-v2 Theme for Evolution Xtreme Released New News! Wicked 17 Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 am
FinalTouch68 View latest post
[THIS SITE] Speed improvements New News! SgtLegend 18 Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:43 pm
Gustine View latest post
Recent site downtime New News! SgtLegend 2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:34 am
megaboost View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
SgtLegend View latest post
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Gaming Rigs Module Demo Community Announcements killigan 19 Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:39 pm
Teo View latest post
HTML Purifier Update [SECURITY PATCH] Security killigan 31 Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm
Brendan View latest post
[SECURITY] Nuke Guard Security SgtLegend 2 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 am
[FIX] User registration Quick fixes SgtLegend 76 Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 am
Necro View latest post
Donations Xtreme v1.2 (beta) Modules travo 109 Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am
megaboost View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 106 Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:05 am
pest View latest post
New Gaming Rigs Module Community Announcements Lonestar 16 Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm
Lonestar View latest post
DFG Hosting - My Review General Chat TimBitz 26 Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:19 pm
denellum View latest post
Downloads Module Modules killigan 11 Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:02 am
28thCDM View latest post
[POLL][FEATURE] URL rewrites for 2.0.9e Comments and Suggestions SgtLegend 7 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 am
Ruphus View latest post
Uncaught Database Exception Has Occurred! Install ZDC-SHADOW 4 Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:23 am
coRpSE View latest post
phpBB : Critical Error General Support flashwebb 1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 pm
flashwebb View latest post
Milpacs Module Modules INFHawkeye 5 Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Problem with missing tables General Support flashwebb 2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:33 pm
coRpSE View latest post
NukeSentinel - Display Blocked IP's Security flashwebb 3 Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:27 pm
coRpSE View latest post

[FIX] User registration
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Quick fixes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbmalius

usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:37 am Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

ok  so  all  of  a  sudden  new  users  cant  login  to  my  site?

EDIT:  ok  so  i  can  register  in  chrome  but  not  ie..

EDIT  2:  correction  .it  appears  to  be  random  .now  i  cant  register  in  either...wow
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:15 am Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

If  users  are  having  issues  logging  into  more  then  likely  your  cookie  settings  are  wrong,  read  the  following  post  and  confirm  they  are  correct.

http://evolution-xtreme.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=479
bbmalius

usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

Ok  so  i  register  and  i  get  the  email  .i  follow  the  link  and  it  comes  to  my  account  info  ,i  submit  that  and  it  takes  me  to  the  are  you  13  yrs  old  tos  page  ,i  click  yes  and  it  says  login  incorrect  please  try  again...

i  uploaded  the  new  file  and  confirmed  the  cookies  are  right.this  seems  to  be  a  new  issue  .im  at  a  loss.

May  be  theme  relatedi  am  using  the  mw3  xtreme  theme  from  ct  and  was  having  centering  and  registration  issues  ,when  i  changed  it  back  they  went  away.

How  could  the  theme  cause  registration  issues?
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
bbmalius

usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

ok  so  ive  been  talking  to  the  fellow  that  codded  the  theme  and  he  says  to  turn  the  tos  off  and  that  should  fix  my  problem  but  no  joy  .heres  a  link..to  that  thread  .im  at  a  losshttp://www.clanthemes.com/ftopicp-45272-mw3-xtreme-theme-centering.html#45272
TimBitz

canada.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:19 am Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

I  know  the  sense  of  'weirdness'  taking  place.   I  simply  can't  figure  this  out  either.   It  doesn't  matter  which  browser  I  use,  the  results  are  staggeringly  inconsistent.   I  say  that  because  sometimes  people  are  lucky  enough  to  register   (in  rare  occasions)  and  sometimes  they  aren't  (which  happens  in  most  cases).   However,  when  they  are  unable  to  register  it  seems  to  be  due  to  random  errors.   I  have  also  noticed  allot  of  other  strange  things  taking  place  as  well,  and  all  are  a  high  priority  to  get  fixed,  but  this  is  by  far  the  highest  priority.   I  mean,  who  cares  about  the  other  errors  on  my  site  if  I  am  the  only  person  on  my  site  to  put  up  with  them.

I  would  really  like  for  the  team  here  to  login  to  my  admin  panel  and  check  everything  out  when  they  have  some  spare  time.   I  would  also  like  them  to  try  registering  on  the  site.   I  am  at  a  loss,  so  maybe  they  can  find  something  out  of  place.
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:31 am Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

TimBitz  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  know  the  sense  of  'weirdness'  taking  place.   I  simply  can't  figure  this  out  either.   It  doesn't  matter  which  browser  I  use,  the  results  are  staggeringly  inconsistent.   I  say  that  because  sometimes  people  are  lucky  enough  to  register   (in  rare  occasions)  and  sometimes  they  aren't  (which  happens  in  most  cases).   However,  when  they  are  unable  to  register  it  seems  to  be  due  to  random  errors.   I  have  also  noticed  allot  of  other  strange  things  taking  place  as  well,  and  all  are  a  high  priority  to  get  fixed,  but  this  is  by  far  the  highest  priority.   I  mean,  who  cares  about  the  other  errors  on  my  site  if  I  am  the  only  person  on  my  site  to  put  up  with  them.

I  would  really  like  for  the  team  here  to  login  to  my  admin  panel  and  check  everything  out  when  they  have  some  spare  time.   I  would  also  like  them  to  try  registering  on  the  site.   I  am  at  a  loss,  so  maybe  they  can  find  something  out  of  place.                

@TimBitz:  I  just  registered,  activated  and  logged  into  my  account  on  your  site  without  any  issue,  if  anyone  can  help  to  narrow  down  when  and  in  what  browser  the  issues  are  happening  in  i  can  investigate  further  but  i  have  conclusively  just  proved  that  there  is  nothing  wrong  when  registering  using  this  patch.

Sorry  guys  but  i  don't  know  what  else  to  say,  i  can't  replicate  any  of  the  reported  problems  as  different  browsers  simply  can't  yield  different  results  when  the  processing  is  done  server  side.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
TimBitz

canada.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:11 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

I  noticed  your  success  Legend,  and  that's  what  strikes  me  as  being  strange.   I  too  was  recently  successful  of  creating  an  account  on  my  site.   However,  a  friend  attempted  to  yesterday  early  in  the  evening  and  failed.   Unfortunately  he  didn't  tell  me  what  the  error  was,  but  I  did  notice  that  he  didn't  even  appear  on  the  Waiting  list,  I  ended  up  manually  creating  a  user  for  him.

Sometime  this  evening  I  will  do  some  troubleshooting  to  see  if  I  can  help  out  with  this  matter.   I  have  several  popular  browsers  installed  on  this  machine  so  I  will  use  each  one  to  try  to  create  a  new  account  on  my  site  and  activate  it  and  log  in.   I  will  let  you  know  how  I  make  out  with  it.
coRpSE
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 6
usa.png

Web Control Panel: Cpannel V.11.32.3 (build 21)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

TimBitz  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  noticed  your  success  Legend,  and  that's  what  strikes  me  as  being  strange.   I  too  was  recently  successful  of  creating  an  account  on  my  site.   However,  a  friend  attempted  to  yesterday  early  in  the  evening  and  failed.   Unfortunately  he  didn't  tell  me  what  the  error  was,  but  I  did  notice  that  he  didn't  even  appear  on  the  Waiting  list,  I  ended  up  manually  creating  a  user  for  him.

Sometime  this  evening  I  will  do  some  troubleshooting  to  see  if  I  can  help  out  with  this  matter.   I  have  several  popular  browsers  installed  on  this  machine  so  I  will  use  each  one  to  try  to  create  a  new  account  on  my  site  and  activate  it  and  log  in.   I  will  let  you  know  how  I  make  out  with  it.                

I  have  also  noticed  this  issue.  Though  after  looking  at  it  I  am  lost  also.  I  have  checked  the  email  they  were  using,  such  as  hotmail,  yahoo,  gmail,  ect...,  I  have  also  looked  into  web  browser  using  the  same  type  as  them  and  I  never  have  an  issue  registering  on  my  site  with  this  fix,  but  yet,  I  check  my  log,  and  I  find  these,  

Code:                                        

---------[Message  die()  called  multiple  times]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 -  [27  Mar  2012  -  15:38:37]  -  
 User:  
 IP:  173.33.XXX.XXX
 URL:  /modules.php?name=Profile&mode=register&agreed=true&check_num=9b57098ff6207be639201ba2e39a9278

Error  Code:  202
 Error  Message  :  Invalid  check  number<br  /><br  />You  will  need  to  register  again<br  /><br  />Click  <a  href="modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user">here</a>  to  register
 Error  Title:  
 Error  Line:  
 Error  File:  
 Error  SQL:  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------[Message  die()  called  multiple  times]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 -  [27  Mar  2012  -  16:42:30]  -  
 User:  
 IP:  173.33.XXX.XXX
 URL:  /modules.php?name=Profile&mode=register&agreed=true&check_num=e0615062ab1fbf63de7e28a750380247

Error  Message  :  Invalid  check  number<br  /><br  />You  will  need  to  register  again<br  /><br  />Click  <a  href="modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user">here</a>  to  register
 Error  Title:  
 Error  Line:  
 Error  File:  
 Error  SQL:  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-  [28  Mar  2012  -  00:35:30]  -  
 User:  
 IP:  50.16.XXX.XXX
 URL:  /modules.php?name=Profile&mode=register&agreed=true&check_num=6d7446928121957476d596e6c5f57156

Error  Title:  
 Error  Line:  
 Error  File:  
 Error  SQL:  

One  of  them  I  have  found  with  hotmail,  if  I  had  them  copy  the  URL  and  paste  it  into  the  web  browser,  it  worked  for  them.  I  can't  be  sure  that  is  the  issue,  I  am  still  gathering  data  that  maybe  help  narrow  down  what  this  error  is  and  where  its  coming  from,  but  for  me,  I  can  not  reproduce  the  error  my  self.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
samoz83

uk.png

Web Control Panel: cPanel 11.32.3
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

Same  as  above,  I  have  started  to  see  this  error  more  and  more  recently  but  can't  seem  to  pin  down  a  similarity  between  users  who  it  has  happened  too  nor  reproduce  it  myself,  very  strange.   Confused
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Durty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

I  can't  tell  you  what  a  relief  this  is!!!   Thanks!   I  stopped  searchign  the  forums  a  while  back  for  a  solution  and  have  just  been  dealing  with  it.   For  whatever  reason  I  decided  to  stop  by  and  search  again,  and  definitely  glad  I  did.   Will  update  as  soon  as  I  get  home  ;)

Edit:  I  just  noticed  some  people  still  experiecing  issues.   I'll  reply  with  my  personal  results.
Durty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

So  far  so  good.   Just  created  a  test  account  successfully.   Using  firefox  as  browser  and  gmail  for  email  verification.   Going  to  ask  a  few  of  my  clanmates  to  create  dummy  accounts  as  well.   I'll  post  up  if  any  issues.
Munion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:17 am Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

Hey  Guys!   I  have  applied  the  fix  and  I  am  still  seeing  this  error.   Any  ideas?
Sponsor
Web Hosting
GODDEVIL

australia.png

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 am Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

Use  fire  fox  and  make  sure  they  register  before  hitting  the  join  button
 I  have  a  very  large  site  and  all  tests  proof  that  mozilla  performs  best  for  displaying  our  site
 Flash  have  been  having  issues  with  mozilla  ive  had  big  issues  with  recent  upgrade  of  flash  its  recommened  to  install  a  older  version  too  avoid  issues  loading  certain  blocks
Durty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:08 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

Well  as  an  update,  my  users  are  still  having  to  register  twice  probably  80%  of  the  time.
Sabn0ck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:02 pm Post subject: No icon Re: [FIX] User registration Reply with quote

I  installed  this  fix  on  July  1st  and  have  still  had  errors.  I'm  not  sure  the  errors  are  related  to  this  because  honestly,  I  forgot  about  this  and  have  cleared  the  error  log.  The  next  time  I  see  the  error,  I  will  post  it  here.  I  know  it  has  something  to  do  with  registration  but  that's  all  I'm  sure  of.

Thanks
Sponsor
Web Hosting
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Quick fixes All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: